Sunday, April 13, 2008

truth unplugged

2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Romans 12:2

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32

i always knew i have been a lukewarm christian. there's nothing to be ashamed about that. i know i'm going through a relatively dry season and i know something has to be done. but many time, i have chose not to do anything. for the past 2 weeks, going to church have been a routine for me. i went to church with a hardened heart. i chose not to open my heart to God. i chose to live my life the way i want to.

but yesterday, i made the decision to go to church with an open heart. to go to church expecting a word from God. to go to church knowing God's there and He'll bring me back.

halfway through sermon yesterday, i felt the great plans God have for me and my future, the plans that i've missed due to my stubborn-ness, my sinful nature.

with every lie, counter it with a truth.

one thing pastor said that really hit me hard. identify lies, then make changes. however, in the beginning, when changes are made, it feels uncomfortable. but we gotta practice and practice and it becomes natural and finally, it becomes part of me. this is definately something i gotta learn to do.

knowledge had given me false spirituality.

16 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.
17 O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.

Psalms 59:16-17

5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29

9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Colossians 3:9-10

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:37-38

Jesus exposed lies with truth!

it's about our priorities.